Sunday, August 29, 2010

Travel Food

I always travel with food, most of the time. A bar, piece of fruit, nuts, lunch, something to get me through the day. In being prepared most of the time, I have had only a few moments where I have found myself starving and reaching for anything.

I have been teased about it all my life... because miraculously, I appear with something from my bag when I am hungry.

Today, I am glad that I have adopted that habit.

Today, I am flying. From Durango, CO to Denver, CO to Louisville, KY to Newark, NJ.... and the long lay-over is in Newark, NJ. Of course, with several hours to kill in an airport, one needs to eat. I had pineapple slices on the plane from Durango to Denver, and almonds from Denver to Louisville (i also took a nap).... and now, I find myself in louisville airport in want of something. Walking the *small* airport, I stumbled across a starbucks... and it is now, that I am enjoying a cup of coffee and a bar that I had carried with me from NJ....
Of course, I need to buy water... as security prohibits carrying your own water....
and of course, water costs a small fortune!

I am looking forward to returning to my regularly scheduled training tomorrow.... and training my clients. I will weigh-in tomorrow to see what happened a week away from civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment