Monday, August 9, 2010

RoadWork....

I had learned and adopted this from a boxer I used to run with.... road work is like the foundation of the day, the foundation of training....

Roadwork was essentially created by the Warriors of Old... where these men would march at cadence for periods of time. Boxers adopted it.

Roadwork is marching or running slowly (at a cadence for a period of time or a distance).

I had been doing roadwork earlier in the year... either to start or to finish the day. A brisk walk after dinner or an early morning run... (Not to be confused with training).

And my overall mileage increased. And I actually felt better throughout the day or was able to rest at night.

I am not sure why I stopped roadwork... perhaps, fear about the overall training mileage during the week. I have decided to recommence roadwork... did an easy bout yesterday after the race, and I feel better-- like recovery will be faster.

This mornings road work was an easy 2-mile walk with my mom. It was relaxing and peaceful and fun! And I feel great. (although it is hot and ugly out there)

Pending the heat/air quality later, I might run an easy 5k. Roadwork is back. It is good for my peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment