Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 23 of 100 .... and Day Two as a Cavewoman....

Cavewoman...... reminds me of that random cartoon as a kid, 'Captain Caveman.'

Memories have been so vivid lately.... maybe this is part of what happens when one starts 'cleaning house' so to speak.

Monday was a rest day. Typically is, as most races occur on Saturday or Sunday. And yesterday, was no different. Although, I wanted to get a jump on my cleaning-- I will be in Arizona next week, and I hate coming home to dirty or disorganized stuff.

I also was working on the syllabi for my Fall classes and beginning the final preparation for the term that begins on 1 September.
For some reason, I am really excited about this Fall. Not only teaching at the university, but the various pieces of the adventure that are due to arrive as the season progresses.

I certainly hold true the quote....
'I have learned as a rule of thumb never to ask whether one can do something. Say instead, I am going to do it. Then fasten your seatbelt. The most remarkable things happen.' -- Joan Cameron


And so, I am learning to be open to possibilities.......
and not beating myself up for having not been so open to these before.


And yesterday, eating was super.
I started my day with fresh fruit, blue-berries and strawberries and then pineapple... and a bit of yogurt. Lunch was a plate of brussel sprouts. And later I enjoyed a smoothie..... blackberries, blueberries and strawberries with some almond milk.

Was I a perfect paleo..... NO.
I finished re-reading Food Matters, by Mark Bittman, and I will continue to place more emphasis on the fruits and veggies.... with nuts and seeds.... and the meats last.

Changes things a bit... perhaps, because my emphasis is fruits and veggies, instead of the meat.
I think of the warriors, who ate one meal a day.... and personally, I feel better when I back-end my large meal on the end of the day....
Yesterday, my larger meal was about 2.30pm, with a smoothie later in the evening.... I had a second iced coffee-- treat of comfort after learning about the loss of my friend and colleague...

And I rested.
Last night my focus was gone.... perhaps, i should have gone for a run, but I chose to sit in my garden with the looming black clouds everywhere.... feeling the evening breezes. I feel the uneasiness that comes when great things are going to happen, and reminded myself to buckle-up, as these things happen quickly.

Well, it is tuesday morning.... i am off to train a client, and bike ride 30 miles home.

No comments:

Post a Comment