Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My own cyclo-cross adventure!

Riding the tow -path of the Delaware-Raritan Canal was certainly an adventure today. Not only did I complete my standard 30 miles, I managed to include a mini-cyclo cross adventure.

There was a storm last night, which had successfully taken down trees. Unfortunately, those trees were right on the path.... the same path I needed to bike on.

And well.... since it is easier to climb over, crawl under or go around, than leave the canal and bike on the road.... I enjoyed my cyclocross adventure.

I am seeing how I am becoming stronger. I can pick up the bike and carry it on my shoulder as I traveled through a stoney spill-way on the canal. I can also carry the bike fairly easily over a tree, as I hurl the bike over the tree and then climb over it myself.

I feel like I am moving easier. And shockingly.... the time spent on the canal, in spite of the extra challenge was the same as it normally is.... which leads me to believe that my journey is becoming easier.

It was really hot out there.... so, I decided to take it slow. Time for return was irrelevant; returning safely was the priority. I drank a lot of water on the trail.... and sweated it all out!!!

I am also moving easier.... In addition to climbing, I am lunging, hopping, balancing on one leg, and just seeing overall dynamic strength. It is really exciting to see these things, that I once took for granted, come together. It is exciting to see me regain me!

Well, off for a mani and a pedi.... my treat to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment