Friday, August 6, 2010

Drinking and Eating enough....

This AM.... after training a client, I journeyed 30 miles (approx) from West Windsor to Middlesex, via the tow-path on the Delaware-Raritan Canal.....

I have done this ride many times. Today, was easier.... the weather was just as ugly as it could be... BUT, i was prepared. Before departing, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with an apple juice.... and I had a half a liter of water. During the ride, I drank a half-liter of water with Amino-Vital mixed in... and my camel-back (70 oz) was full. I made a conscientious effort to drink two full swallows every ten minutes.

And.....

Considering I have a race on Sunday and that it is UGLY out there, I decided to just enjoy the ride. That is what I did.

Upon arriving home, my camel back was empty, the amino vital was completely drunk as well as an extra half-liter of water I had stashed in my pack. And I feel great.

I wonder if I have been drinking enough during my normal training rides... and how this is affecting my recovery.

My ride today, was actually faster.... i took some time to play, so I was out longer, but I arrived home within 10 minutes of the normal arrival time...
Conclusion: i was more efficient today.

I am now showered and hungry and I feel great!!!

hmmmmm, I might be onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment