Thursday, August 19, 2010

BEST Bike EVER!

There are some days were it all comes together and you feel amazing doing it.

Today, was one such day! I worked with a client and rode my bike home... the 30-mile trek on the canal.... where no matter what I do, I can push myself and the time is always the same....

On Tuesday, I did the ride. And the time was the same, even with all the cyclo-cross adventure over and under trees.

Today, I started my stop-watch when I left dunkin donuts, from my potty break. When i got to the canal, I stopped to eat a bar.... amazing stuff, love it!.... and resumed my ride.

And I rode! And rode! And rode!

At the time that I arrived at my exit from the canal... I stopped my watch. (I use the last part of the journey home as a recovery. I walk a bit, then ride the last leg). Well, the watch indicated that the whole ride was only 3 minutes slower than tuesday's ride.
Granted, I didn't have to climb under and over trees, and I added about 2, maybe 3 miles to the trek, and I stopped at all my potty stops on the way.....

Not only was I surprised, I was very pleased. The timer kept me motivated.... let's see where we are when it gets to that time... and shockingly, I was right around the corner from the end point.

So, I am either getting back in shape, or getting back in my competition shape, or I am getting stronger overall, or all of the above.

And then I came home, ate, and took a nap..... coffee anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment