Wednesday, August 11, 2010

PEDALING..... fast!

After two days recovery, I had my BEST. TRAINING RIDE. EVER!

It was that simple. The last two days I felt emotionally and physically drained.... and exhausted. Last night I crashed around 10pm and woke at 5am.... refreshed and ready to conquer the training session.

So, my mountain bike and I hit the trail......

I decided my warm-up would be a fast-tempo ride out to the turn-around point, and I was able to 'get there' a whole minute faster than last week... and then after the turn-around, I did 7 x 20sec intervals with 2min recovery. The 20-second interval was a high-paced, high-intensity burst of sprinting.... and the 2minute recovery, was my tempo riding....
NO REST FOR THE WEAK!

And I felt great!!!!

As an added bonus, my friends the herons (all six of them) were hanging on the river.
And my legs felt wobbly after the ride.... I needed to walk it out.

I feel great now.

Just like I am melting from the weather..... hoping for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment