Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paleo -- Day one

Today......

Day 22 of my 100 day challenge. And the First day of my new year.....

As stated previously, my theme for this year is RUN..... and not solely because it is what I love to do for exercise, but the symbolism behind running and pursuing something..... (yes, i do know that I need to wait quietly for somethings to arrive... that is the rest portion of the run!)

I lost 2.3# this week, with no change in my body fat measurement... (this now brings me to 71.2# to lose). A number that I am embarrassed to record... but a number that is shockingly true. But I love me, and that is why I am on this journey.... to create the best possibilities in my return to competition... My advice.... don't get fat, and don't get hit by an SUV... things would be simpler that way. But just as I acknowledge that I have gotten slack and permitted myself to become what I am now, I am making the necessary changes to do so....
And while I don't always like the reflection staring me in the mirror, I know I am beautiful.... and I love that I am doing something amazing for me!!

In addition to my triathlon protocols and my strength circuit, a friend challenged me to follow the 100 push-up protocols.... and I am following the lowest level for push-ups and the middle level for sit-ups. JOIN ME! At the end of this journey, we will be able to do 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups together.

I am looking forward to the cooler weather this week, so I can go play on the playground and add upside-down hanging and swinging and pull-ups... It is so great to play!


And so.... today, was my birthday. How did I do..... I treated myself to a large coffee! and then a bowl of strawberries, with 1L of water. I joined my family for a birthday dinner... in which I had tomato-crab soup, salad w/tomatoes, olives, red onions and blue cheese, and a leg of lamb with string beans. I am still comfortable from that eating event.... and I feel satisfied... I might have a piece of fruit later, perhaps some pineapple or blueberries... but for now, I am drinking water. I drank close to a gallon of water today, as well.

And I am grateful.... showers of blessings were bestowed on my birthday in the form of rain... in fact, it is raining as I write this. I love dancing in the rain.

Tomorrow, is a formal rest day. Since I rested today, I anticipate an easy run and a swim, strength and my 100 push-ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment