Thursday, August 18, 2011

question on volume increases....

I was asked an interesting question last night. It had to do with increasing my volume.

If I worked on one of the three sports at a time, and fluctuated amongst the three sports.

My answer: I increase the volume equally in all three sports weekly. I am on a six week protocol, meaning that I build in the course of four or five weeks and then recover or pull back for a week or two.... depending on the goals of the segment.

Each week has a purpose. For example: week one: adapt to the training schedule.

I do maintain the flexibility of the time of day to train, as well as the ability to adjust the schedule during the week. Like today, doing the brick I missed yesterday.

I keep a record, so that I can progress each week or make observations in my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment