Friday, August 12, 2011

Points....

Yesterday, I did something random.... and visited weight watchers web-site. They have recently changed their point system..... I was curious to see how many points I would earn in a week by the exercise I am performing.

It is based on your personal body weight, the time endurance of the activity (example: run 40 minutes), and the intensity (this is subjective-- low, medium and hard).

Tallying last weeks activities, I would have accumulated 89 additional points that could be traded out. In other words, fruits and veggies are free-- and you use points for other foods, and have a certain number of additional points that can be used in a week-- like for a treat, a special occasion or you are extra hungry!!! My points are an additional that can be swapped out for food, if i need it to be. (Like I am extra hungry from the exercise I am performing).

If nothing else, this is a reminder to eat!!!!!
I see it in my physique.... as I eat (non-processed foods) I feel better, am not bloated, and overall look better. When I don't eat, I am crabby (not enough sugar for the brain) and I feel extra tired.

WAY NOT COOL!!!!

So, regardless of your standing on weight watchers, they are encouraging the consumption of non-processed foods-- fruits and veggies carry NO POINTS!!! and are encouraging you to eat!!!! It clearly demonstrates the points you are using to run, swim, cycle and kayak.

So, GO AHEAD AND EAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment