Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene....

I am feeling some serious cabin fever.

I have been cooped up all day-- did manage a calisthenic workout--- some pushups, up-up/down-downs, one-legged squats, med ball sit-ups, wood chops, and lunges-- one needs to be creative when forced to stay inside.

Currently, I am without power. When power was lost this time (has been flickering on and off all day-- goes out for a minute or two), the back-up batteries in the clock-radios stopped working. Would love to know why this time? And not all the other times throughout the day. As you know, I don't have any other radio (except for my car), so I am pretty clueless as to what is really happening out there....
Besides, it is windy. And there is a big branch down that is stuck in the tree. The branch has been secured as best as it can be, until it is safe to take it down completely.

Without power, I have no coffee.... and pretty much no food. (It's in the fridge).

I am tired of reading. I am tired of sitting. I would love to do something besides be in this apartment--- funny how that happens, when you have to stay in, you want out!!!!

I was told that the storm surge should be here in several hours....
That will prove to be a different adventure.

Leo is sleeping in a chair. And well, I am surviving.

I trust you are safe too.

No comments:

Post a Comment