Sunday, August 14, 2011

Enjoying Oatmeal

Oatmeal..... it's what for breakfast.

Today, I am preparing for a 90-minute run. And as much as I would love to get up and go..... I need to ensure my body is fueled to do the work. (If I run out of gas during the run, I will not be happy).

Oatmeal provides carbohydrates, and protein, and the energy to be able to perform the run.

Despite what you may have read about training on an empty stomach burns extra fat, during a long run like the one I am preparing for, takes more than relying solely on energy stores. But not to be confused, eating before training doesn't mean eating Thanksgiving dinner either. So, I am enjoying my oatmeal now, and then will have some whey protein later.

I am also enjoying a clementine.

What do you do to prepare for your training??


No comments:

Post a Comment