Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vegan for 21 Days.....

One of my g-friends recruited me.... to do this with her for motivation.

She is interested in the vegan lifestyle, the veggie predominant journey. IN this she asked me to join her for the next 21 days... to observe a vegan diet. (My caveat: cream in my coffee!)

And so, this will become interesting and creative...... I had followed a vegan lifestyle for 6 weeks at another time... and learned to eat more veggies, and not make such BIG deal about food, but to just enjoy it. The result was interesting.... I still like meat. I enjoy the taste, texture, smell, etc.... but I don't need to eat it. The meat became a garnish so to speak.

It will become further interesting as I have since learned (and why I follow Paleo), that I am sensitive to soy, and legumes and beans as well as grains. I am going to play with these options for the next 21 days in support of my friend. She has agreed that if I am struggling with my health, I can have a piece of fish to get through.

I am seeking to create and eat the equivalent of two large salads a day and continue with my pursuit of different fruits to eat. (as discussed in EAT to Live)....

And at the end of the 21 days..... I hope my friend is satisfied with her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment