Monday, September 13, 2010

The difference of a week.

Last Monday, I went out for a run...... trying to put together my scattered training of this summer..... And I struggled. It was by far the beginning of the toughest run ever. And the distance was irrelevant. I ran the loop by the cemetery and did more walking than running...... and continued with my week.

Friday, I hit exhaustion. And today, I went out for a 55 minute run (5-mile loop) because I did not run yesterday.

I wasn't concerned with speed. I was concerned with consistency in pace and finishing strong.

And so, I ran. AND I ran. And I ran..... and I finished strong. I even pushed myself the last 400m to finish strong. (still need to work on that).

And then I did my 2 x 20 sec sprints. And those while challenging, felt strong.

Shall we call today a success?

No comments:

Post a Comment