Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Biking....

This am...... i decided after my 60 minute bike ride to determine how far i am actually biking. (Enter map my ride). It is a free site that you can track your ride progress to see how far you actually rode and check your progress with time, speed, or however else you want to measure your work.

I fairly accurate in my guess of the distance.... i thought it was less than 10 miles one way and greater than 5 miles. The distance from my house to the path/trail I get on is 1.14 miles and the total one-way trip is 7.24 miles. My guess was right.

I start my clock when I get on the path and I am able to get to my turn around point in 25 minutes. (I remember when that was 28 minutes-- so, i am pretty excited about the improvement).

The plan this morning was a 60 minute ride with 6 x 20 sec bursts (or step-ups) with a 2 minute recovery. It is in these 20 second sprints I am pushing with everything I have.

I am finding that I am stronger and able to push harder and my overall ride is getting faster-- although this morning, I felt spent in the last portion of my ride.... after the sprint work.
Might have been the limited breakfast. Might be the change in diet starting yesterday. Might have been the fact that it is Tuesday.

Who knows? I am looking forward to strength work later. For now, food, shower and mani/pedi.... not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment