Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A run in the Morning....

Scheduled for today is a 40 minute run and 1600 yards of swim.

I woke before the sun and headed out on my run.... it was hard and slow. I get my summer running plan has been lacking, but wow-o-wow.... the legs felt like lead....
In that, I just chose to be mindful of the run, and not worry about the tempo... and complete the run with good form. (Speed can come later). I didn't feel like not running, I just struggled with coordination. The decision to focus on form was a wise one as I found I was running a fairly decent tempo toward the end.

The 2 x 20 second 'relaxed sprints' or strides are what killed me. Here to, I felt flat.... so, i just focused on strides and pushing myself through it.

And my legs are spent.

I hope the swim goes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment