Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Begins

Welcome September.

I have a month until Milwaukee (not ready). I have hours before my first class, as the college term starts tonight (more ready). And I did an impromptu weigh-in after my frustration from the earlier part of the week with hormonal-female stuff. (I should know better.... don't get on the scale, but I wanted to see how I did in Arizona...... and well, you know).

And so, impromptu weigh-in.... I am down .8# and - .5" from my waist and my body fat dropped .6%. (and i wonder how some people do those radical major drops.... in their measurements).

I observed this morning that I can run faster..... need to work on the endurance of that faster tempo. And I need to work on consistency. The traveling has caught up to me.

This afternoon, I will be cycling for an hour with 6 x 20 sec step-ups and a 2 minute recovery. I am looking forward to this, as I haven't been on my bike in a week. It will be nice to return. I have also decided I will be repeating my training for this week, next week.... and while increasing the mileage for the marathon.
Consistency is turning out to be the key. I look back at the training for the year and june, july and august contained the least training mileage of the whole year. While March for some reason contained the most. And so, consistency is necessary to accomplish what I need to.....

Not only in my eating (which I am comfortable and confident with), but with the mileage and the strength workouts.

And so, I am off to cycle and teach..... I will let you know how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment