Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day.....

And according the school calendar, this was the last 'day' of summer..... although we have until 23 september.... but alas, school begins for many tomorrow.

I enjoyed a somewhat quiet day-- relaxing and sleeping in this morning.... and then lifestyles collided. The people with whom I reside see absolutely nothing wrong with spending hours on end watching television like mindless robots..... and as the day progresses the volume gets louder.... and it makes it extremely challenging for others do reading, or work, or anything else.... as the two televisions encompass the whole house as the volume goes up. I feel quite often that my only escape is to go out... somewhere that is not here, and I end up wasting much valuable time not doing anything. It is accepted that desks are not necessary and that it is appropriate to do work on one's bed.... which is not good for the body and is not a good habit to adopt. My bed is and should be for sleeping. (Granted, i do enjoy from time to time a lazy day in bed with a movie or two).

*As I write this, the television from the other side of the house is blaring. I can hear the episode of the program verbatim as if I was sitting there watching it. And it is sad, the party who is absorbed is probably sitting right in front of the tv.*

Anyway.... it is a choice I have made....... TO NOT PERMIT TELEVISION TO RULE MY LIFE.

And a quote was sent to me this morning..... we become what we spend our time doing.
As I was working on my lectures/projects for the coming week.

Eating today was fairly simple. I need to eat shortly.... I am hungry after my run. The no meat monday/vegan combination was simple. I have been here before.

I was lazy this am and decided to run this afternoon. I am glad I have been cycling... it has helped with the endurance and my ability to recovery after high-intensity. I do need to do road work daily..... or at least five days a week.... an easy 5k, as I was struggling maintaining.... granted, some could be the still dry weather, some could be the time off I have taken with travels.... The reality: Milwaukee is less than a month away. I think I would like to run a very good half-marathon to twenty-miles and an easy 'coast' on the last part of the race.

So, my day was super. Tomorrow, I am cycling in the morning, road-work and kettle bells in the evening. I am looking forward to the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment