Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sometimes.....

....it just feels right.

This mornings run... well, the warm-up. WHAT A STRUGGLE. I felt like I had forgotten how to run.... and then, I hit a certain spot in my warm-up and bang!! I was moving.... the rhythm was there. And I felt good.

Breathing on the other hand was another issue.

But here I am several days out from the marathon, and I should be feeling something.... and I feel tired. Tired from the hormones in my body right now, tired from the little bit of work I have done.... and just struggling to find a rhythm with my running.

The good news: my weight has not fluctuated. I went up 2# and returned back 2# .... and today, the weight stayed the same. I could look at it as bad news... but since I am in the midst of monthly hormonal and body changes, I am glad there is no fluctuations. I am also surprised there are no cravings. I had a taste of red velvet cake icing (the cake doesn't taste good to me anymore) and the icing was ok. (It is interesting the differences in cravings since eating Paleo).

I am looking forward to a new program after the marathon.
I want to build a solid foundation of running and swimming and rowing.... and biking when it is nice to go out on the trails this fall and winter. (I hate indoor cycling-- even on the trainer-- and since I teach several spin classes a week, I am getting my cycling in). I also think I might do some water running and create some variety there. My body weight training will become a focus as well..... as I move forward to lose the remaining weight, keep my challenges for myself and my students AND lay the foundation for an awesome running and triathlon season for 2011!

Until then..... i found my rhythm today. Sunday, I hope it returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment