Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Diet.....

It is often interesting, sometimes funny, actually very sad what people think when you say the word diet. I shared about following Paleo for the next 50 days (starting today) on Face Book as well as other social networks... and it is interesting the response. The athletes in the group were like share with us your experience.... they know what it is. The non-athletes and those who are seeking something to follow or do... asked questions like, What is that? How long do you have to follow it? Is it a program that tells you what you need to do when and what to eat?

So we are clear, when I say diet, I am referring to eating habits, lifestyle, choices regarding food. I am not referring to something one goes on for two weeks to starve and then returns to normal eating.

I have found consistency in my exercise programming, especially in the last two weeks, as summer and travel create their own challenges. I know something is not quite right.... so, the best place to start is with food.... NOT only what I am eating, but when I am eating it... in relation to the time of day, in relation to my competing, in relation to hunger. AND am I eating enough or not enough.
The next 50 days (in my last 100) is about getting that down.... b/c I wonder sometimes, if I am eating enough. AND if I am not, that would contribute to the challenges of fat loss. And so, I am going to experiment with my protein (yes, animal) intake and see what needs to be done. I do love fruits and veggies, but I also enjoy animal protein, and while we tend to eat too much of it as a country in the USA, I need something to rectify my challenges as I am facing them.

And so..... my diet is about a lifestyle change. My diet is about changing habits. My diet is about me and my life..... (some call it eating clean..... i will call it the cave woman).

JOIN me if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment