Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have a pile of clothes.....

that i can wear successfully when i lose at least ten pounds.

I think all women have a pile of clothes like that.... we have our fat clothes, our skinny clothes and many other clothes in between. I had bought a ton of clothes for the time period that I would return to competition weight.... post-cycling accident.

And somehow, I haven't been motivated enough (until now) to get to that pile of clothes.

I am excited.... i am wearing (a little snug) shorts that are just a single size larger than the pile of clothes. And I am starting to feel more comfortable in t-shirts and casual wear that is somewhat more snug.

But I am still very aware. Very conscientious of my extra body fat, my imperfections. I am trying to get out of the habit of wearing clothes to 'hide' my body and be realistic that those clothes don't really hide you.... they just make you look bigger, unless you are truly too small to be wearing those and then you look like you are wearing clothes that are just too big!

So, I want to be able to pass on those clothes.... the hiding clothes.
(Don't get me wrong I love LARGE SIZED hoodies-- especially in the winter or in the chill of a summer evening or the late fall or after a good run.... but there is a difference between wearing the super-sized hoodie and wearing clothes to hide in).

And my journey continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment