Friday, September 10, 2010

Knowing When to Rest

And so....... this morning was a tough one. I woke feeling like I was fighting a cold, and I know I am not.... took my supplements (i had forgotten those this week, oops... and my training increased. that's when i need those most). And contemplated my training for the day......

I know I needed to move.... how much was going to happen is actually another issue. So, instead of truly pushing myself and pushing a 7-miler that would have been counter-productive, I chose to go for a walk. And walk, I did..... I walked a 5k loop and felt my muscles relaxing and letting go.... (i felt all the aches from training this week this morning)..... and then I enjoyed a cup of coffee and finished my walk home.

A hot shower is in order.... and I will see later if I am up to tackling the 7-miler. If not, I can take care of it tomorrow. My body might need the day off. My body might be begging for a break.


No comments:

Post a Comment