Sunday, July 24, 2011

A reminder about food.

When you’re overloaded in this excess, when you have no idea what your body needs, when you’re malnourished but over eating, eating too much but not the right nutrients... You will not crave any more for what your species is supposed to crave (Vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat and fruit). You'll crave for what the industry wants you to crave. – Ori Hofmekler

This quote (by the author of the warrior diet) is a great reminder that we need to eliminate processed foods.
It is also a great reminder that the way we eat may not be correct.

We are advised to eat, eat and then eat some more....... And once we look back to the warriors of the past, we see they ate one great meal at night.... and 'grazed' on live foods-- fruits/veggies, and some protein--yogurts/eggs-- during the day.


And I know.... you are right now scratching your head... How could a multi-sport athlete, someone who trains herself and leads training sessions all day long, survive on live fruits and veggies during the day. I am going to tell you a secret..... fruit is amazing!!!! At one point, fruit got a bad rap and we were told fruit makes us fat.... I always asked, how can that be??? Fruit is food in a most perfect form... it has more saturated fat if it is from the tropics to protect the nutrients from the heat, and fruit is satisfying. And well.... because I have been eating live foods (not cooked) during the day, I managed to lose another 3# this morning. (Again... I am doing things to allow my body to let go of the extra weight naturally, the way it is designed to burn fat, and in this, my body is shedding the extra). Note: I use oatmeal or barley to aid in providing extra protein and carbs before a long run, swim or bike.... and it helps a lot.

Well, my update... I dropped another 3#. And I feel great.


No comments:

Post a Comment