Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Six....

After finally cooling off enough to eat yesterday, I was actually hungry. *shocking* The heat and the humidity requires so much energy that I just am exhausted. I enjoyed steamed veggies and some ribs. YUM!!! It was a nice change of pace.....

And this am, I woke refreshed and cool. (I discovered I have a ceiling/attic fan that actually helps pull the air through the apartment).

It was cloudy and overcast.... and so, I took off for my 50 minute foundation run. (A foundation run is about the time and tempo, not necessarily the distance. I was seeking to cover ground in 50 minutes at a tempo and pace that could be maintained for the entire 50 minutes). Ten minutes in, I am already drenched in my own sweat and I needed to pull back on the tempo-- breathing was a bit challenging.
But I finished the run. And walked by the post office on the way home, and retrieved a letter from an old friend.... yeah, there are peeps that still write the old fashioned way!!!

I enjoyed a clementine before I took off this morning and upon my return, I drank 20-oz of water. I am now enjoying iced coffee and a dark chocolate kiss, while contemplating the remainder of the day, including food.

I anticipate swimming this afternoon. And possibly walking with my feet in the atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment