Friday, November 5, 2010

Sweating while training...... how dare you???

A question was posed to me this morning......

I had just come in from a run-- 5k with 3 x 1 min tempo (at 1 mile pace) runs and 2 min Recovery..... I was muddy, dirty and sweaty.... in fact my clothes were wet from the sweat.

the question:

'what are you doing wrong that you are always so wet and dirty when you finish training? (and so and so isn't)......'

how do you answer a question like that? seriously..... the person asking has low self-esteem, and the person referred to has even less. i have been ridiculed by the two b/c i like to run so much and training is part of my life.... not something i do, it is my life.....
and no matter what i say, it will be used against me later......

so, hmmmmmm.......

my response was non-committal.... i just said, perhaps, i am doing everything right.... and the other isn't? i don't know.... we have different goals and objectives. we have different directives...

Mine is to win a race.

What's your directive? Is your training matching that?

No comments:

Post a Comment