Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Cardio....

It seems that Saturday afternoon, is the perfect day for my extra cardio training......

Scheduled for today was cross-training (marathon training) and 1 hour 45 minute foundation bike (half-iron training).... I am still building up to the half-iron training... so, next week I will repeat week one.

NOTE: I would rather spend more time building a successful foundation and getting accustomed to a training cycle, than plowing ahead unprepared. That would definitely lead to injury. My primary focus is still the marathon training.... so, if the running/recovery becomes compromised the other will get nixed.

And so, I went to the gym...... problem one: i ate (a lot) about an hour before heading to the gym...... problem two: i felt full.

I got to the gym.... and contemplated spinning in the dark spinning room (haven't found the light switch yet).... and saw these bikes with a video screen that you are racing and the handle bars move, like you are really cycling.

NOTE: those bikes suck! the seat adjustment is not authentic. For the seat height to be correct, I was sliding off the front of the seat, and not cool. There is little to no directions... and well, next time, I will bring a good playlist and ride in the dark spinning room. Maybe I will ask where the light is.......

And then I rowed.... I love the Concept II rowers.... KICKS MY BUTT every time. Period!
I completed 1100m.... 5oo full out, 100 m recovery, 500 full out... and then i felt very, very, very full.... ummmmm... that lunch i ate an hour before.

Need to figure out the eating thing on saturday. Need to re-read the spartan/warrior diet protocols. I feel best that way.... Work in progress. I will figure it out.

I ran easy to and fro the fitness center..... this added a little over 2km to my monthly tally.... but it also provided an additional warm-up and warm-down.... i was ready to cycle when I arrived at the gym.


And then wandering through the facility.... they have a 'private training only' studio..... ok... if I paid more money, it would be nice to have my own place.... there are kettle bells there (I LOVE KETTLE BELLS!).... the KBs are locked up (none others are located anywhere in the fitness facility)... and you cannot use these without a private trainer... a Master Trainer to be exact.
UMMMMM.... i own several kettle bells... you mean to tell me I can't use them unless someone is standing over me??? (I have seen their private coaching staff-- i wouldn't hire anyone).
Ridiculous. Seriously. I am amazed that they have so little respect for their membership.

Guess that is why i am only there for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment