Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love- Hate Relationship.......

With the scale. Can you believe this week I gained 6#???? Seriously!!!!!!

What is that? Where did that come from? I blink..... and the scale so generously gifted me weight I had so diligently worked to lose. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I completely understand why some people struggle for so long. There is a wonderful love-hate relationship with the scale. While it is good to follow along and be mindful of what is happening in terms of weight, one cannot let the number on the scale dictate what I am doing.

Granted.... it got cold and I have been eating a bit more.
Granted.... i am dealing with monthly hormonal swings/changes.
Granted.... there are some challenges in the whole process.

Being fixated on a single number.... when clothes fit differently, running is faster, training is harder and recovery is better.... defeats the whole process.
It is good to know where and what and how.....
It is not good to use it as the sole point of fixation.

I am working hard this week to take back my numbers from the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment