Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ouch.... ouch.... ouch....

SHOCKING!

Yesterday, I recommenced the resistance training segment of the programming.... and today, my legs are reminding me of that! (in a good way, of course)....

I did 20 minutes of a kettle bell interval set, with kettle bell swings, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, and a 1 minute run. I also did jumped rope 100 times. (wow... I am uncoordinated). And while I cannot jump rope very accurately, I did notice my endurance and strength is different than the last time I tackled this program. I am creating changes in the program to fill deficits I have in my training and physical competencies... Today, I am going to add one-legged squats (modified: sitting on a bench and getting up on one-leg).

I ran 3 miles yesterday focusing on pacing drills. It was a challenge. Today, I ran 3 miles with a single 30 second hill sprint. (I will be building on this).

I am excited about seeing changes.... and while I understand the changes may not move as quickly as I would like, I am trying to abandon the thought of existing in a microwave oven... push a button, 3 minutes later, beep... final product!! I wish it was that easy!!!

But onward with my goals.... 30# by christmas. Focus, Focus and Focus....

No comments:

Post a Comment