Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Being Undervalued....

It is truly bothersome when people FAIL to treat you equally, as they would another.

I have joined a health club to do some training that I need to do, as the weather is starting to do what the weather is going to do this time of year. I am pretty self-sufficient, and with my pending move, I will only need to use the facilities for 2 months.

I phoned yesterday to make an appointment to ensure someone was able to meet with me. I spoke with the sales consultant, James, and told him what time I would be there. He was just like... I am working 9 to whenever and just ask for me. UMMMMM.... do you not understand what making an appointment means?

And so, I show up to the facility..... James is finishing with a client, but I could have a seat here.... and I was seated in the midst of a promotional for NU Skin and I met Ian Ziering! (Steve Sanders from 90210).... *Amazing conversation! I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with him.* And in the midst of waiting for James, who no longer seemed interested in my potential, I was introduced to a cool product!
An apology was made to James who shrugged it off as, she is only here for 2 months... no biggie.
NO BIGGIE? wow.

So, when i finally finished learning about new stuff....
I was able to speak to James who treated me like I was dirt..... fill this out, sign that, how are you going to pay..... and the whole time, i was thinking.... I can take my money down the street. Granted, I didn't.... but why wasn't I offered a copy of the class schedule, why wasn't I offered a comp session with a personal trainer, why...., why..... why?????

HONESTLY.... it shouldn't matter if I was going to be there a month or a year. I should receive the best customer service possible. Who knows? I might be a gold mine.... I might be someone who has friends, someone who refers peeps.... someone who.... possibilities are endless.....
But James chose to view me as a single two-month sale, and as a result lost a great deal.

Sad, actually.... and he is a sales person.

No comments:

Post a Comment