Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hills.....

ARE SPEED WORK IN DISGUISE!

And so, once a week.... I am off to the hill, i like to call Thor! (Sometimes, it is better to name your nemesis. You feel better when you tackle it!)

The run is about 4 km to arrive to the base of the hill....
and today's objective was 4 x 30 sec sprints at 1 mile tempo with 2 minute recovery.

Success! Today I was on point! I was in a rhythm. Just putting the feet down, one in front of the other, push and go, push and go.... and it felt easy.

And then I arrived at the hill.

Sprints, while a challenge were a success!!! and then the run back down the hill!!!

I am observing how easy the runs are beginning to feel again. My pace is quickening effortlessly, and I am just enjoying the run!!! Training can be most excellent and FUN!

I guess that is why I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment