Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And the Hills still Kick my Butt....

Hill Day..... as Wednesdays are for now. And I run to my hill.....

It seems that the hills seem to kick my butt regardless.... but i think it is because I am progressing and taking on more of the hill! This morning after my warm up at recovery pace (my run to the hill) I ran 5 x 45 second tempo sprints at 1 mile pace, with a 2 minute recovery.

I am not certain of the grade of the hill that I am running.... but today, I was seeking consistency with tempo. I ran the first one hard to see how far up the hill I could get in 45 seconds. During my recovery, I returned to the start position. The bench mark was to return to or surpass the distance of the first sprint. (Keeps me honest). And while I was tired between sprints, I could successfully complete all of the sprints. AWESOME!

And then the warm-down at recovery pace..... I took my time. After all, it was recovery pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment