Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Drama....

I was told we create our own drama.... i agree and disagree. There are dramatic situations, which we did not start, that are draining, which we have no control over.... I guess if we reacted poorly, that would be our drama.

Yesterday, was one such day. I am teaching swim lessons for a local swim club. The club has not yet processed my direct deposit. So, I need to wait for the paper check to be mailed to me. Perfectly acceptable, since this is how it is done. I can be patient.

Payday was the 15th, which was a Sunday and Monday was a holiday. No indication of alternate arrangements with the payday, were made. (But I expected this, and anticipated receiving the check by friday, 20th). Friday came and went, no check. Saturday, a snow storm, and still no check.

OK.... It has to be here Monday. I need this money.... the JEEP is running on less than a quarter tank and I have to voyage to Rhode Island tonight to teach. Off to teach AquaFit, and then to check the mail (on the way to the mailbox, I put my last $4 in the JEEP to get home)..... AND, no check. NO CHECK. How could someone not mail my check???

After a go-around with my immediate supervisor, as I was clearly not going to be able to drive 50-miles, she ended up providing me 'aggravation money' and gas in my JEEP. She was equally frustrated. This was ridiculous.... and of course, the person responsible for payroll was unavailable for calls or text messages at this point.

This is really scary. I would like to eat. I would like to buy cat food. I would like to pay a bill or two. And my employer has yet to mail the check. The end of the next pay period is Saturday..... hopefully, I will receive my check by then. In the mean-time, I have begun the search for more gainful employment and am working on expanding my clientele..... as I cannot be delinquent in my responsibilities, because someone doesn't seem to care about putting a stamp on a check and mailing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment