Monday, January 9, 2012

Boundaries....

I totally get I am not perfect physically. I get I am not as fit as I would like to be.

I was training today..... did some med ball work, skips, mini-bands, as well as some weights....
I was minding my business.... doing my thing. I had a cool conversation with these basketball players, I was doing my thing.

AND......

this older gentleman approaches me.....

'I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but the best way to lose weight is 'weight watchers'... I noticed you were looking at yourself in the mirror, and I lost 65# following them.'

WOW. All I could think was wow....
What do you say to that????

He went on to tell me he noticed that I wasn't consistent in my workouts. (I workout there the two days/week, I work there). AND greater consistency might help me achieve my goals as well.

DOUBLE WOW.

All kinds of thoughts......

I smiled... And said, if I am seeking a program, I will keep that in mind, but the truth is I am preparing for the triathlon season... any extra body fat I am carrying now, will be gone as my volume increases.

I was just utterly astounded that someone would be so brazen, so rude, so disrespectful of boundaries.... he doesn't know me, he isn't even a personal trainer seeking business....
and then I was like, do I look that bad?????

Unbelievable.

But it was a reminder to me.... in my work, to respect people's boundaries. Share what I do, and permit the person time to processing.

How was your training today?

No comments:

Post a Comment