Saturday, January 21, 2012

Insanity

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I recently was in association with a group of individuals, who under the guise of making changes and needing support were acting insanely. I am not judging.... but it seems that at times we (myself included) behave insanely, in attempts to make the changes.

It is at these times that I need to stop the madness and take pause and stop and listen and the answer comes to me. It is at times like these that I need to do something different to break the cycle of insanity.

Courage is necessary to break the cycle of insanity. Courage to step forward and try something different; to look in the face of failure and challenge oneself to do it differently, to make the change that is necessary.

Courage.

And a little help from friends..... keeping in mind, that we cannot dictate the direction or means that the help is given. Sometimes, it comes in the form of a reprimand. Sometimes, a hug. Sometimes that still calm voice. I keep learning that if it is something I don't want to hear... it is probably is what I need to hear. I am also learning that I need to separate myself from people who are overly dramatic, and clearly are self-serving in their motives.

As for that group of individuals... i do hope they individually and collectively break the cycle of insanity. I do hope they achieve their goals. I do hope they realize that in their quest for creating a supportive group, extended none.... as they wanted only support for themselves, and offered none to someone whose goals were different from their own.

Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment