Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Down Three in One Week....

I have been covering spin classes for a colleague this past week. So, I have added a class almost every day over the past two weeks. Madness, I say.... utter madness. The result. My exercise volume has increased.

Our bodies respond to increased volume in different ways.
Of course, as the caloric (energy expenditure increases), the need for more calories increases as well. I have been eating more.
And our recovery needs change. I have found it challenging to execute back to back classes, and those classes done at night and then the early morning. My body needs rest.

My final outcome-- I am feeling tired this morning. (I resume my regularly scheduled program tomorrow).... and I stepped on the scale, and was down three pounds. I am by no means complaining.... but as volume changes, it is important for me to remember the care I need to provide for my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment