Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tomorrow is Race Day.....


I am home after my adventures of the day. I spent some time at the Race Expo for the Hyannis Half Marathon tomorrow morning.

I have and have not been training.
Not certain that I am ready by any stretch of the imagination, I recognize that this run will be a challenge. I was sick with some sort of flu at the end of 2011, and then again last week, when I was recovering from an eye infection.

Now, I am home..... I have eaten. I am hydrating. And I am thinking about tomorrow as the wind whips around the apartment. There is no mercy with wind gusts up to 60 mph. Earlier there were snow flurries.

Tomorrow, is supposed to be a high of 43 and sunny. Tomorrow, is a training day..... with several hundred other runners, and a medal as the reward. Perhaps, after my race I will get some pancakes.

Otherwise, I am just enjoying the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment