Sunday, February 12, 2012

February--- Reevaluating

It is almost mid-February.

After stepping on the scale this morning, I know it is time to reevaluate and redirect my goals and objectives. On a positive note, I am now comfortable riding an entire spin class with my participants. And do so in a manner that shows example, and makes the class about my peeps, not me. Because it isn't about me. My training time is my time.

Moving forward: my first goal is to get healthy again. I am fighting an eye-thing, and cold acquired from a pool I was teaching at. It is frustrating when I get sick from other people's negligence. I managed to get a chemical burn and this eye thing. Needless to say, I am no longer teaching at that pool.

As I achieve my health, I am going to run the Hyannis Half-Marathon on 26 February. I have decided to use this as a training day, not a race day. I know that sounds lame, but I do not want a DNF, unless I cannot run. So, I will use this 13.1 as a base training and move from there. I have the rest of the season/year to beat my time from this race.

I am going to spend the next six weeks getting in great running/training condition.

I have been reminded of something a mentor said: The best way to get in shape, is to stay in shape. I am experiencing this as I am moving forward to make 2012, the best ever!

Minor goals include losing 30#, and training for a half-iron. I will keep you posted on my races along the way. The only confirmed race this second, is the Hyannis Half on the 26th.

Well, I better go off for a run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment