Friday, March 23, 2012

The Third Law

The Third Iron Law is:

When you feel SATISFIED (not overfull),
STOP EATING!

Sounds simple....but how many times does mindless eating happen. The bag of chips, nuts, the plate of food is gone before you know it!

By eating away from the TV, focusing only on eating while eating, and putting my fork down between bites to chew.... I have been able to spend the time enjoying my food. Sometimes, I can eat more than other times. (I might be hungrier). And sometimes, I just need a bite or two or three and I am satisfied.

I remember being told about the 80% rule-- eat until you are 80% full, and you will never over eat. For someone who hasn't taken the time to learn about themselves, this is hard to comprehend. But I am discovering where this is..... and I am less likely to overeat and feel 'stuffed' after eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment