Monday, March 12, 2012

Comparison

Comparison is the thief of joy. No matter what we do, most of us will never look like supermodels or celebrities, or perform like elite athletes. Accepting that will make our lives a whole lot better.

It is easy to look around at the starting line and compare......
It is easy to look at different body physiques, at body structures, at leanness, at abs, at legs, and then look down on yourself because your body is different.

All of us have something we might want to change about our physical self, our outward appearance. Instead of putting ourselves down, we need to embrace our differences. We need to work at being the best that we can possibly be.

I cannot change my height, but I can change the amount of body fat I carry on my frame. I can choose wisely my food. I can eat when I am hungry and not out of boredom. I don't have to eat the whole container. I can be more active. I can choose to be consistent. And I can love who I am every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment