Wednesday, March 21, 2012

And the second law.....

The second iron law is to: EAT CONSCIOUSLY.
Eat slowly and enjoy every mouthful.

Someone suggested putting a timer on, set for 15 minutes. If you are finished eating before the timer goes off, you are eating too quickly.

Another reminded me that our stomachs do not have teeth. Digestion starts in our mouths, and yet, there are times I inhale my food. Especially, if I am multi-tasking, or sitting in front of the television.

I cleaned my kitchen and cleared the kitchen table this weekend. Regardless of what else is going on in my life at that moment, I am sitting at the table in the kitchen (or the one on the deck, now that it is spring) and eating. I am finding that this is giving me a break from the busy-ness in my life at that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment