Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rule Number One

It is pretty simple.

When you are hungry, EAT.
When you aren't hungry, Don't EAT.

Pretty simple.... yet sometimes, the most challenging thing to do.

Conventional Wisdom -- you know the peeps that created the Standard American Diet, and some of the nutrition gurus who insist that you eat six or more meals per day -- dictates that we have multiple meals per day. This wisdom forgets about hunger and being in tune with your body. This wisdom negates the hunger experience.... this wisdom eats a predominantly sugar diet.

(Ok.... you can breath now. Yes, these are the peeps that can be fitness peeps. They promote grains in just about every meal consumed. Grains equal sugar).

I am converting my body back into the fat-burning machine it is supposed to be.
For me this means, NO GRAINS!!

Yes, I said it. Yes, I am an endurance athlete. Yes, I need carbs (and fat) to run, swim and bike.
The truth of the matter-- when I eat grains, I feel sluggish, slow, heavy and bloated. And then I crave more grains (regardless of the quality) b/c my body is like..... ooooooh sugar.
The truth of the matter is I feel better when my carbohydrate sources are fruits and veggies.

It seems I do best on a paleo lifestyle....
meat, fish, fowl, eggs, veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds.
And it seems I do better when I eat lots of veggies, fruits and add the meats as the garnish.
And it seems I excel when I eat like a warrior.... meaning I eat my heavier meals in the evening.

I keep learning this. And yet, I wander to the stuff that makes me feel yucky. I need to learn from my body.... and leave that stuff alone.


I am commencing a 21-day transformation. In this time period, I am eliminating grains from my diet and life. I am focusing on the fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds.... and using those for my energy. And I am going to experience what my body does, and how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment