Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fasting.

I have been fasting two meals periods a week, well... make that three.

I have been working on a get lean program as I am working on improving my fitness levels. My eating throughout the week is as follows:

Mondays: Meal, Meal-Replacement drink, low-carb meal
Tuesdays: Meal, Fruit Snacks, low-carb meal
Wednesdays: Meal, Fruit Smoothie, fast
Thursdays: Meal, Meal-Replacement Drink, Low-carb meal
Fridays: Meal, Fruit Snacks, off
Saturdays: off, off, off
Sundays: off, Fast, Fast

What does that mean???

a meal is a meal.... following sound eating principles. Eat to satisfaction, not over-stuffing, and balanced. (Keep in mind, I eat little to no pastas or breads, so this will be low-carb).

Meal replacement Drink-- is essentially a protein shake I make at home. I start with water or fruit juice, berries, kiwi, or other fruit, and whey protein. Drink it slowly, so I don't over stuff... and I enjoy.

Low-carb meal-- a meal: protein, veggies-- for example: chicken and broccoli. This would limit your grains.

Fruit snacks: fruit. Pretty simple. An orange, a grapefruit, an apple or other. Eat one piece, or several.

Fast: for that meal-time, i am fasting. Water. Water and more water.
(if i am hungry..... i will have a little fruit).

And off-- this is my 'free meals'-- so, after a sunday morning long run, i may desire pancakes. I can have these here. Or if I want wings, or some other 'bad' food... I can eat these in the Free section, without feeling guilt.

Remember the purpose of a 'free meal' is not to create guilt about the other meals. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for a guilt-free treat. That's all. It is not an invitation to eat the entire food stock. Sensible eating habits should still apply... eat to satisfaction, not stuffing.

If I am hungry during the day because of training, I eat fruit or even a garden salad. A new favorite is applesauce with some whey protein mixed in. I also enjoy pineapple.

I will weigh-in tomorrow morning. Let's see how this is helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment