Friday, November 4, 2011

Beginning with 40 minute run....

To create inertia, I began with a 40 minute run. The goal was to run the loop by the sea, and not worry about time, or distance. I left the toys or gadgets at home. I know I ran more than 2-miles, because I have tracked this before, but I was more concerned about a steady, continuous run than about how far I went.

I wore a hat. The sun was shining. The water looked blue and the far banks purple.

And I ran..... continuously. My feet were telling me I need a new pair of shoes.
And later today, I will sign up for the Newport Pell Bay Bridge run.... it is an inaugural run across the bridge. I will use it as a training run. I have FIVE weeks, to get ready, before my formal training for the Hyannis Half-Marathon begins.

I felt good.


No comments:

Post a Comment