Monday, July 16, 2012

YoYo

After the last couple of weeks of down two, up one..... I am down six.  I like..... but my focus is not where it should be.  It should be on my training and performance, not the scale.  As I have said before, when the body is cared for and healthy the number on the scale takes care of itself.

I am using the rest of this summer to be fit, active and healthy.  I want to be able to run with my hockey team.  I want to be able to compete without too much struggle and swim because I enjoy it.  I want to get back to my lifeguard training condition...... and I want to be able to compete in competitions next summer.  I want to be fit to guard on the surf.

And today, I have begun the journey.........

My focus is eating.

Rule Number One:  Eat when I am hungry.  Don't eat when I am not.

And somehow.... incorporate that into my coaching schedule.  So far today, that is working.

Tomorrow my focus will be adding training..... it is easy and has been easy for me to blow training off, for lack of convenience.  I am reminded that nothing worth having is easy to come by.  I need to be a little inconvenienced and make it part of my routine, my habits.

For now, the sky is getting blacker, as it appears a thunderstorm is rolling in.

Tomorrow, I shall run.

No comments:

Post a Comment