Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's like.... thunder...... lightning....

Well, maybe not..... But that is how I was greeted with the day.  My little cat, Aries, decided that purring on my head at 4am was appropriate.... after all the food dish may have needed one more crunchy to satisfy.  And well.... he was awake.  *In his defense, I do wake normally around 4.15ish, to prep for the day, when I am training clients, or teaching spin.*

After walking through the apartment, noting how suddenly humid it had gotten, there was a big flash of light..... not normal or natural.  I wondered what could have caused it, not even thinking weather.  Moments later, the thunder joined the party..... and I read while the storm did it's thing.

It is now overcast and gloomy looking, like more rain, but I am not certain what the weather is going to do.  *Waiting on that inevitable swim lesson cancel*

Today is day two..... and I weighed in at .8# less than yesterday.  Part of the reason of the daily scale ritual, is to be aware, and part of my journey..... weight normally fluctuates throughout the week, and it can be devastating to weigh oneself once a week, and see an atrociously higher number, instead of following throughout the week.  I also don't like weekly weigh-ins... I do not like surprise.

Yesterday went well, except I did not train.  I took the noted rest day.  I needed it.  My neck felt twisted, and I was challenged looking to the left.  Today, it is better, but not 100%.  And I ended the day with a bowl of string beans and slivered almonds.

This morning began with two hard-boiled eggs.  I felt hungry.

I am not certain if I drank enough water yesterday.  

Today's focus is training.....
I am scheduled to run 3 miles, bike 55 minutes with 6 x 1 minute high gear, fast paced hills, and possibly rowing.  I will see how I feel for the row.

Food:  meal, fruit snacks, and a low-carb meal.... is the plan.   Although the fruit snacks might be a salad of sorts.

And the day is off and running..... I better go catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment