Saturday, July 21, 2012

My new challenge....

I am recommencing a 90 Day Challenge.

The journey begins tomorrow.


I have had an interesting debate with someone who has bought and drunk the Kool-Aid about BeachBody products.... they are the makers of P90X and Insanity.... And for some reason, peeps think that these programs are the ONLY way to be fit.  The reality.... it might be a 'good workout' or a 'hard workout'.... but my experience with the company--- is it is a multi-level marketing.... meaning peeps just need to sell, whatever they need to sell to make money,  and the only requirement to sell the product is to join the company--- so many of the 'beach body coaches' no absolutely NOTHING about strength training, periodization, and training in general.... and i am not sure why the 'good' coaches would have bought into the kool-aid to begin with..... and so, many peeps refer others to those who sell these products, as authorities, and the reality is they don't understand training.  ALSO.... while the videos may look pretty or sound professional (they need to, they want you to buy them)..... the workouts go hard every day.  That is not training.  Further, the videos do not train you for anything.

And so...... my debate..... led to the self-imposed challenge.   This challenge it to prove that one can lose extra body fat and actually prepare or train for something and become fit without a video.

The reality:

I have been struggling the last several months.  I lose a couple pounds and gain it back.  And I am not satisfied with how I look, feel or my training.  Summer has been a challenge, as I am also struggling with my eating habits.  Coaching swim team has not provided for a 'normal eating schedule.'

So.....

Tomorrow,  I begin.

Day one of 90 (perhaps 100 begins).

I will take and record my measurements.  I will also share my eating and some of my struggles.  I will also share the accomplishments, and achievements..... and my training.

Hopefully, I will also share some pictures.

90 days is 3 months...... or 12 weeks.  My first goal is to drop at least 20#.

My second is to train for the half-marathon in October.  And lay the foundation for a half-ironman.

I look forward to the journey.

My 'friend' doesn't know what his arrogance preempted.  In a way, I am glad for his ignorance.  I will be glad to rub it in his face when it is finished.  In the meantime, this is a self-imposed journey.... not a competition.  I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment