Sunday, October 16, 2011

When a Set Back Happens.....

Sometimes, things happen... an injury, stuff, life..... things that prevent us from completing our goals in the time frame that we desire to do so. I have been in the midst of such. Hurdles and roadblocks in the form of an injury, travel and work have created the slowing of my goals.

In fact these have bounced me back to last year this time. I have gained 20# since I relocated to MA. UGH! The good news is.... it is no one's fault but my own. And the better news.... I am the one who is capable of making those changes.

So.... I am frustrated because I weighed in on Friday and was down 2.2# (and i got on the scale this am.... and I am up 4#). How does that happen? Well, yesterday..... I enjoyed a plate of chicken fingers and fries. And felt exhausted the rest of the afternoon. And then I enjoyed carrot cake. The result of the full day-- I felt full, tired and sluggish. One should not feel that way after eating.... it was not the feeling I get when I eat fresh veggies in the middle of the day. The chicken fingers were not the best choice for me at that time of day.

The bottom line-- when set-backs happen. Just get right back up and keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment