Saturday, October 22, 2011

Six Months to get 'In Shape'

This morning.....

I weighed in. I reflected on the last couple of months: inactivity (or not as active as I want to be), weight gain, eating is less than stellar, stress is high, commuting to and fro NJ from MA.... and I am not satisfied.

I currently weigh 230.0#. This is not good. I would like to see 165# again.

I haven't run in two or three weeks. I am not swimming consistently. I am not cycling consistently, even indoors. I am not happy with me.

I am now taking that energy and going to use the next six months to get back to where I am supposed to be. I hope to share this journey with you.

My goals: to be able to buy new clothes next summer because the ones in storage are too big, I want to wear a size 8. The only clothes I want to buy are smaller ones. I am going to compete in the hyannis half-marathon on 26 february, to compete in the jersey girl triathlon (a sprint), and a half ironman at the end of 2012. I will keep you posted on my goals and my progress.

I am also building and expanding my work in athletic development. I want to be financially able to leave the college at the end of the semester. I want to be able to pay cash for grad school. I want to continue to explore and enjoy this amazing planet around me.

I hope you join me in my journey, as you commence one of your own to achieve your fitness, and wellness goals.








No comments:

Post a Comment