Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today is the First Day.......

yeah, yeah, yeah.... today is the first day of the rest of my life.... and so, then what? what does tomorrow bring?

I have found that it is easy to be complacent about life. One has to choose to be the active one.... at times, we are enabled to be complacent by those who love us.... maybe we need that comfort for a while. And sometimes we need a good swift kick in the arse, even it is, we, ourselves that do the kicking.

I have found myself in such a position.

I read some place that 40 is the determiner of what will come in the future, in terms of fitness, health, wealth etc..... well, I am not buying it.

I am not satisfied with where I am at currently. And it saddens me, as I work/play in an industry where aesthetics play a large role in my success. (Unfortunately, we get stuck on the visual). And right now, I am not satisfied with my visual.

I am not making excuses.

I know where I need to go. I know the races I will run in the near future and the one's I hope to run in the further future.... and I know b/c I am 6ft tall, I will probably always be in the Athena division, which is OK.... I just do not want to be FAT!

And so, my journey has begun.

The next four weeks are devoted to eating.

I will share with you my training and my choices and my praises and failures. I hope to learn something about myself as I take this journey.

Won't you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment