Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Heat.......

Is making me lazy...... well, that's not quite true, i choose to be lazy in the summer heat.

Yesterday, I was standing waiting for the bus (to go swim) and I was overcome by the humidity. I walked home and took a shower and drank some water and felt much better. Will try that whole thing again.

This summer in Central New Jersey, has been brutal. Right here, there has been little to NO rain..... for forever. Yes, rain has fallen-- thirty drops here, sixty drops there..... I long for the rain to fall for several days.

And so, last night, I was excited as I was awoken by gusty and cold winds. I was certain the storm was coming to cool things off.... and this morning when I woke, it was just as brutal as it has been. It is getting depressing.... as my training is negatively affected. Half-ironman training commences Monday and my marathon is 3 October.... this summer heat is killing me!

My best advice is to hydrate, hydrate and hydrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment